Out with the old, and in with the new! Fall is almost over and winter is upon us. A new season means a new set of trends. Winter is all about comfort this year; sweat sets, cozy and furry jackets and coats, fuzzy sucks, and most importantly: boots! Boots, no matter style is in during the winter season. Women of all shapes and sizes cannot go out without the perfect boot- especially this winter season. Whether it’s just walking down the street or going horseback riding during this holiday season, boots, such as knee-high or ankle boots are essential in any woman’s closet.
This year, wide calf boots are going back in style. Not only is it comfy and cozy for the winter, it is also a great shoe for any fit. It can make any outfit look so much better! Women have different preferences when it comes to boots, but sometimes, it all boils down to the brand, color, and most importantly- size. Knee boots are said to be so much more difficult to order online. Our calves are built differently, and our shoe size sometimes doesn’t match our calf size. If you are paying a high price for a wide calf boot, it is best to know a few things before purchasing. In this article, you will know the different types of wide calf boots, how to measure your calf, and the best brand to buy the perfect riding or knee boot at the best price!
Types of Wide Calf Boots
You might be surprised by the various designs and as well as the current style being offered in the market when it comes to wide calf boots. These boots differ in size, and height. Unlike ankle boots, wide calf boots are higher in length, so these are either offered in styles such as thigh-high, or a shorter length depending on your preference. The most common type of wide calf boots that are purchased by women is those with a heel to give that extra height. Not to worry, It is also perfect for walking, and is absolutely comfortable. Before you decide on purchasing the shoe or boot of your choice, pay extra attention to the new and exclusive in-store boots that are best for women, especially you! These are categorized into 4 types:
- Wide Calf Boots
- Extra Wide Calf Boots
- Super Wide Calf Boots
- Super Plus Wide Calf Boots
How to Choose the Correct Wide Calf Boots
Picking the right wide calf boot can be difficult, especially when you’re shopping online. Ordering the wrong size can be a pain, shipping it back and asking for a replacement is hard in of itself, and you wouldn’t want to go through that. Which is why it is important to know that these type of boots have different sizing or variations depending on the material, so it is best to look for product details before purchasing. There are so many tips that one should take note of when buying boots online. Here are a few tips that might help you choose and purchase the right wide calf boot for you:
- Identify your measurements – When purchasing anything online, it is best to find your measurements, especially clothing or shoes. With wide calf boots, make sure to take your calf measurement. In order to do this, you must ensure that your leg is straight. Then, using a tape measure, measure the circumference, specifically the widest part of your calf.
- Look for the right material- If you are on the more voluptuous side of the sizing chart, knowing the right materials that stretch are important. We find that wide calf boots with elastic gussets around the top of the boot fit best for those that have a wider calf.
- Double check product details – The best tip is to always read before your purchase. Make sure to check the right measurements, as this can be an element to a bad purchase. Not all boots have the same “standard sizing”, it might feel tight on your calf or ankle. This might cause complications in the future, especially boots that come with a heel. So shop wisely, and read every detail.
- Compare size charts – If product details don’t help in making your shoe purchase, compare different size charts from other brands. Here is another thing you should take note of: not everyone with wide calves have a wide foot, and it goes the other way around as well.
- Consult a good cobbler – If you don’t want to go through the hassle of sending back your boots, we advise that you visit a good cobbler that can adjust or tweak your boots to your right size.
How to Measure Your Calves
Now that you’ve got tips and tricks right up your sleeve, you might want to measure your calves for a better fit. You wouldn’t want a shoe that doesn’t feel as nice and a snug, especially when you’re paying so much money, right? Don’t settle for a brand that offers knee high boots, calf boots or riding boots that don’t fit well.
Steps to Measure You Calves:
- Identify the largest part of your calf.
- Measure the largest part of your calf in inches.
- Measure both of your calves. This is because your calves might be larger than the other.
Where to Buy Wide Calf Boots
You’ve got your tips and tricks right up your sleeve, and you’ve also got your measurements on deck. Now that you’re ready, it is time to find the right wide calf boots for you. There are so many online stores you can go to that have many offers such as free shipping. But the mystery remains: where will a customer like you find knee boots that will fit your standard when it comes to price, color, fit, and leather quality? Many brands claim that they are offer shoe products such as wide calf boots, extra wide calf boots, knee high boots, a riding boot, and leather boots with good quality. The problem is that branded calf boots although high quality, are offered in a price too steep for an average customer. If you are on a budget but want or have been thinking about buying a pair, sites such as SelectAware.com offer coupon codes for your shoe and boot needs. They have a various category of brands exclusive to the site, so it is the perfect way to get good deals! We recommend that you visit their site so that you could see for yourself brands that you love such as Born Shoes, the best shoe store to purchase new and high quality boots that we are you will love! Use a born shoes coupon code from the Select Aware site to receive great deals you won’t be able to get in-store. Here are a few wide calf boots that we love from Born Shoes:
- The Braydon Boot – A riding boot with a simple yet classic silhouette. For only $240.00, the Braydon has full-grain leather and a microfiber and fabric lining. Comfortable for walking, it has a rubber outsole with a small heel height of 1 inch. The perfect boot fro horseback riding, or walking too!
- The Elbe Boot – On sale for only $160.00, the Elbe boot is the perfect leather shoe for walking and stunting! Only available in black, it is very easy to style with any outfit, and will also give an extra height to make your legs look long!
- The Audriana Boot – If you are the type to wear louder prints, these boots are definitely for you! Walking in these snake print leather shoes will turn heads in the street as these look absolutely gorgeous on. Not only is the Adriana boot snake print, it also comes in a beautiful black, dark and lighter brown.