Think you have everything in place for that May or June wedding? Maybe just one more glance at the to-do list would be wise….
Most people planning a spring/early summer wedding feel pretty good about it by this time. However, if you have a nagging suspicion that something’s been overlooked, it can be helpful to run through a final checklist in advance. That’s why we are providing this handy run-down of wedding planning tips well before the two week mark – just in case you need to complete a few more steps to make everything run 100% smoothly on the big day.
Here are the things you might want to double or even triple check as you move closer.
Though it might seem like everything should already be locked in, now is the time to call and confirm contracts and arrangements with vendors. That includes:
- Event suppliers (tent, chairs, tables, etc)
- Limo/party bus drivers
Sure, you’ve been thinking about your wedding ever since the engagement, but most likely your wedding party hasn’t. Time to check in with everyone and be sure these are covered:
- Hair, nails, makeup appointments (yep – especially the groom and groomsmen need to remember haircuts), spa services
- Finalize ceremony readings – vows, speeches, toasts
- Arrange for transportation of gowns, dresses, etc
- Purchase or make wedding favors
- Finalize the bachelor/bachelorette parties
- Practice 1st dance, THE kiss
- Designate your point people – who will provide tips to vendors, who will help with presents, who’s in charge of documents, etc
- Create an itinerary for your wedding day that outlines what you want done, who’s involved and by what time
Finally, don’t forget these very important tasks:
- Marriage license
- Passports (if honeymoon is international)
- “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue” (or other traditions)
- Submit newspaper wedding announcement
- Break in your shoes
- Arrange for pet-sitting, plant-watering, etc
- Order luggage and pack bags in advance (1 week out)
- Review printed materials
- Order thank you’s
Cruise through this checklist and then sit back and enjoy the last few weeks of being single! Planning a wedding later in the year? Then these coupons can help you cut costs and plan the perfect wedding on a budget!