Creating a new business can be an exciting adventure while requiring both creativity and a drive to succeed. With any new business comes substantial cost, in both time and money. Reduce the burden on your wallet with these five simple ideas for saving money when starting fresh. With these tips, you can devote more of your time and money into making your business a success.
1. Cheap Office Space & Virtual Offices – In addition to working at home, there are a multitude of places where you can work, meet clients and save money at the same time. Make sure to check out coffee shops, shared office spaces and libraries. All of these options usually have free internet and other amenities. Shared office spaces have the additional benefit of being able to rent office space for meetings. If you really want to rent a private office, try to find a non-premium space, such as the second floor of a building.
Virtual offices allow you to establish a business address along with a mailbox and secretary in a premium location that looks appealing to your clients. You can even rent meeting space if you want to invite your client to your virtual office.
2. Furniture Rentals & Used Furniture – Instead of paying full price for office furniture, look into purchasing used furniture or even renting furniture. You can find local used furniture from Craigslist or use more professional services such as CubeClerk. Furniture rentals are great if you don’t know what you need exactly, allowing you to start small and scale up later. You may have heard of RoomsToGo for home furniture, but there are also places you can find office furniture for rent, such as CORT. If you are renting for a long period of time, you may be better off buying though.
3. Free Websites – Easily manage your own website using content management systems, such as Joomla and Drupal. WordPress has also come a long way from being merely blogging software to where you can make a full-fledged website from it. You may still need a website design, but cheap services such as CrowdSpring help you find independent designers. Submit your project along with your budget and freelance artists will start creating designs for you. You choose the one design you like best and you only have to pay them the reward.
4. Free Business Cards & Print Materials – Save on promotional print materials using coupons for services such as PSPrint. You can even get 100 free business cards from Overnight Prints. There are tons of deals out there if you look for them, and many of these print services carry stock designs so you don’t have to design it yourself.
5. Cheap Phone Service – Voice Over IP (VOIP) services have established themselves as a major force in the telecommunications world. Services such as Skype, Vonage and Google Voice allow you to establish phone numbers in any area code you choose, perfect for establishing a regional presence. You can even install apps on your cellphone and computer to get calls forwarded to you anywhere you are and avoiding the hassle of keeping up with a landline phone.
Look to cut costs at the beginning of your endeavor. Don’t put yourself in a big hole to climb out of at the start of your new business. Use these frugal tips to streamline your operations and even create greater convenience for yourself. You’ll soon find yourself able to focus more of your time, energy and wallet on your clients and your goals. Good luck!